Whatever State I Am

As usual, my blog posting is so infrequent I probably shouldn't even call this a blog. This should probably be my form of a yearly newsletter I send out to people that have forgotten my existance. :)

As most of you know, lately I have been too busy to even pick up my phone, so updating my blog is the last thing on my mind. This morning, I sit here with work caught up (for the next 30 minutes at least) and a cup of coffee. Time to share...

The past few weeks I have really been thinking about what it means to be content. Alanis Morissette has a song called "That I Would Be Good" I recommend listening to it, but here are the lyrics.

that I would be good even if I did nothing
that I would be good even if I got the thumbs down
that I would be good if I got and stayed sick
that I would be good even if I gained ten pounds

that I would be fine even if I went bankrupt
that I would be good if I lost my hair and my youth
that I would be great if I was no longer queen
that I would be grand if I was not all knowing

that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

that I would be good even if I lost sanity
that I would be good
whether with or without you


I'm a strong believer that we choose our level of happiness. The past few weeks have been crazy for Caleb and me. He is miserable at IBM, so we are looking at other options for him. We have started a new business, courtneyhurd.com , I still have my current job which is getting very busy now that summer has started and we are both going back to school this summer. But, through it all we have chosen to do our best to have a positive outlook and enjoy the few rare moments we get to see each other! :)

Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~Phillipians 4:11-13

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" ~Hebrews 13:5-6

On a side note, CONGRATULATIONS AUTUMN!!

1 Comment:

  1. Autumn said...
    Thanks! This was good. That's kind of where I am too. :) Love you.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home